Friday, April 1, 2011

Shabby Chic Tilda




Hello. Hope everyone had a great week. I finally had some time to make something. It feels like ages since I put a card together. Where does the time go? Magnolia-licious Highlites is having an Easter/Spring Extravaganza Contest. There's three categories you can enter in. I made this for the "Anything but a Card" category. The challenge at Magnolia Down Under is Shabby Chic and inspired me to go in that direction for embellishing the bird house.





I used the Serenade cartridge on my cricut to make the birdhouse. Used Tim Holtz Distress Paint to give it a shabby feel. The flowers are some cotton seam binding that I colored with some Tattered Angels Mist and sewed. The butterfly is a Marianne's Creatables die and the Love word was made from my Sweethearts Cricut cartridge. And of course, Tilda is sitting inside with her lovely flowers.




The crinkled ribbon was purchased at Pixie Paper Perfections. They have some beautifuls colors there and great service.


Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn!
    what a darling bird house. Tilda looks gorgeous.
    Fabulous job. i love it.
    hugs maz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is a gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty! I love the birdcage with Tilda on the inside and your beautiful butterfly. The shabby chic idea is wonderful. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Highlites for the Easter/Spring Extravaganza challenge.
    ~Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this birdcage and how you've put the whole thing together Robyn...just beautiful!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete